« Home

To fringe or not to fringe



The other week K-mart had a 15% off all yarns sale, so of course I couldn't resist, I got 2 balls of Patons Caressa 8 ply (I made some bed socks with that), and put 10 balls of Panda Rustica on layby and was planning to make a shawl out of it.

Anyway I got the layby on Friday and was so excited, I got home and after I had done what I needed to I was right into the yarn, ready to make a swatch. Only to discover that I thought it would make a horrible shawl! I really didn't like it at all. But I decided to try again, and started a scarf, didn't like it at first but as it got longer I liked it more and more. It sort of looks a bit like the brick work on buildings where they have randomly made some bricks larger or poking out more then others, and even though the whole thing is done in garter stitch, it looks like I have just randomly knitted and purled, its really crazy lol.

Anyway, 2 days later it is done, but I have a dilemma, to fringe or not to fringe? What do you think? Forgive the bad bathroom photo, it like 9pm and Garry is busy and I am impatient LMAO...

Labels:

I say no fringe on the scarf. I'm not a fan of fringe, so maybe I'm biased, but I think the scarf looks great as it is. Fringe would be distracting to the lovely texture of the yarn.

I am going to have to agree with squaker girl. Leave the scarf as it. It is beautiful.

I vote for no fringe ... I think it looks great the way it is!

Love the scarf, it's lovely!

Be careful wearing it with black clothes though. I made a scarf out of Rustica and wore it out over black clothes. When I came home I looked down and was horrified to see that I had been walking around in public with a sheeps worth of fluff all over me! Rustica sheds like no other yarn! :p

I am not a fringe person. I am generally too lazy to fiddle with it. Yet I don't mind knitting goofy edgings (from Nicky Epsteins "Edge" series books). They are way more trouble, but worth the effort. Most scarves in textured yarns don't even need fringe, though. Like yours, they are pretty as-is.

Post a Comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia

About me

  • I'm Natasha
  • From Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
My profile
Purple socks

Snakes on a Sock

Shannon's Socks

Lace-Up Fingerless Gloves

Previous posts

PodCasts I listen to

Knit-a-Longs