« Home | To fringe or not to fringe »

Dilemma of the poor knitter

I have a problem, I really think it is the same problem that caused me to get uninspired to scrap, I have no money. I look at all these beautiful yarns and would love to own them, but the projects that I would like to do with them require 8/9/10+ balls which means I am going to be having to spend $80+ on them, and I wont even spend that much on clothing lol. I really need to go win lotto or something hehehe...

Labels:

I totally understand about all the things you want to knit and how much yarn it takes to knit it. There is a sweater jacket I want to make and it takes 5 hanks at $15.00 a piece needless to say I havent knit that yet. Good luck with the lottery idea. LOL.

I so hear you on this! It's amazing how quickly the price adds up when you make a sweater or other larger garment. Some good online resources that I know of are www.sarahsyarns.com and www.knitpicks.com. I think that KnitPicks might not ship internationally, but Sarah of Sarah's Yarns might, and she has great deals and really high quality yarn.

Anyway, there's that, for what it's worth. Definitely don't get discouraged because you're making some cute stuff!

Post a Comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia

About me

  • I'm Natasha
  • From Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
My profile
Purple socks

Snakes on a Sock

Shannon's Socks

Lace-Up Fingerless Gloves

PodCasts I listen to

Knit-a-Longs