« Home | gifts and half finished objects » | Spindles and Roving and knitting sons » | sock photos » | Yay I got a book » | attack of the hedgehog » | Chunky Tweed Cardigan » | Hats and Sweaters and Lime....oh my » | I think I am addicted » | Pixie Hat » | Dilemma of the poor knitter »

needle help

I bought some bamboo straight needles the other day from lincraft, I love the dpn's that Orghlaith sent me, they are so easy to work with, so figured I would love straights, only problem is that the dpn's seem to have some sort of finish on them to make them smooth and help the yarn slip along it, but the straights just look like they have been sanded and thats it (which is probably true seeing as they only cost me 99c).

Does anyone know how I could get them to feel smooth, would some wood stain or something like that work, or is it more complicated then that? I'm not worried about wreaking them seeing as they were so cheap.

perhaps a good rub down with waxed paper, or a light sand with fine sandpaper?

Post a Comment
My Photo
Name:
Location: Capalaba, Queensland, Australia

About me

  • I'm Natasha
  • From Capalaba, Queensland, Australia
My profile
Purple socks

Snakes on a Sock

Shannon's Socks

Lace-Up Fingerless Gloves

PodCasts I listen to

Knit-a-Longs